Monday, May 11, 2009

A publishing comment

I've just been having a discussion with another independent/self-published author who thinks we shouldn't promote our independence because of the stigma associated with this kind of publishing.

Hogwash! As someone who's faced stigma of one sort or the other all my life, I know the only way to overcome prejudice and ignorance is to stand up to it in the clearest and most comprehensive way you know. This attitude made me a national quality salesperson and the author of so many pieces of writing I've lost count. It also gave me the opportunity to be a professional speaker.

And I ask you this, is it really so bad being an independent author? I think Richard Bach presented a good idea in his book, Illusions:

"Negative attachments... If you really want to remove a cloud from your life, you do not make a big deal about it, you just relax and remove it from your thinking. That's all there is to it."

Yep. I don't even think about traditional publishers these days.



For more of Clayton's
writing visit his website or become a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment